This Blog
This Blog
(0)
No Results

Let's talk about my lack of memory, AKA let's participate in CONVERSATIONS

August 13, 2016
Conversations is a cool feature created by Geraldine from Corralling Books, and Joan from Fiddler Blue.


Hello cupcakes!

After months of trying to find the opportunity to participate in Conversation, the time is finally here, guys! Conversation is this really nice feature that aims to start conversation through the blogosphere and help bloggers get to know each other a bit more. Pretty cool, right?

Today's topic is:

Do you forget book as easily as you read them?

The answer to that is yes; very much so.

See, I'm the type of reader who relays on the way a book made me feel at that very moment to rate it. When I started blogging, I also started taking notes on the books I read because I have a terrible memory and while I will remember a feeling, I won't actually remember a plot, characters, or anything else. No but really, I'm that person who will tell you "Ohmigod, you have to read this book! It's about.... this guy and this girl, yeah, I can't remember their name but they're real cool...!" Try to convince someone of a book's awesomeness when you can't remember the name of the MC.

Also, I've been taking my time reading lately. Sometimes, I won't continue a book for a couple of days, which is even worst for my memory because I don't receive a constant flow of information regarding that particular book. Inconstant flow of information = not good for Sophie's memory.

Sidetracking a little, I think it's a good think I forget the books I read (what's they're about and the fact that I actually read them) because it means I'm emotionally free for the next book I pick up.
On the other hand, the fact that I remember emotions more easily than the story itself is why I don't like to read books more than once. I'm afraid I'll discover that one of my favorite books is not as good as I remember, because I'm not the same person I was when I read it the first time around and I don't, can't, feel the same way.

I think that remembering a book is what makes a true fangirl, and the fact that I don't remember stories is why I am not you average fangirl. I fall love with characters, but a month later, I moved on because ! forgot all about them. I get sucked in a made-up universe, but by the time I'm ten pages in a new book, I've forgotten all about it.

I conclusion, yes, I do forget book as easily as I read them, but I like it that way so you won't see me changing my reading habits anytime soon!

Take care lovelies!

Sophie