This Blog
This Blog
(0)
No Results

- WRIMOS UNITE - Last minute advice + HIATUS

October 29, 2015



It is the end my friends! NaNoWriMo has arrived and it is time for me to give you guys some last minute advice.


1 - First and foremost, DO NOT OVERWORK YOURSELF!
NaNo is a fun project that is supposed to be fun and bring you motivation but also fun! I cannot say this enough: FUN!!!
If you realise that NaNoWriMo is becoming too much, take a break! If you fall behind or have doubts about being capable of reaching 50 000 words, don't sweat; just take a deep breath and remember that you are already 19158x more awesome than the person who didn't try.

2 - Do not worry about mistakes.
Whether they are spelling mistakes or plot related, IT'S FINE! You are the master of your story, you decide which way it goes. And guess what? If you don't like the direction it is taking, or if you realise that the beginning needs to be the middle, heck, if you decide to change a character's name halfway through your story, YOU CAN! You are the only boss. You're basically the God of your story!
And as for spelling and stuff... That's what December is for!

3 - Don't let everything else aside
NaNoWriMo is time consuming, it will be your main focus for November.
If they respect your interest, your friends and family will get that. But the fact that they accept it doesn't mean you have to forget them completely! A little "hello, how are you" once in while won't hurt your story, trust me!
And please, do not let it become a bad influence at school or at work!



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



I'm also taking this opportunity to let you guys know that I will be taking a break from blogging during the month of November.

November is a really busy month for me: I have lots of projects due by the end of the months, I'm training for a 10k in December, I'm applying to freaking university...! (I know, I don't believe it either!)
It would simply be too much to try and blog while doing everything else. I want to give you guys a certain quality in my posts and I wouldn't be able to do that during November.

On that note, I wish you the best of luck for NaNoWriMo! You'll still be able to find me on Twitter @sailingthroughB where I'll try to update you guys on what I'm doing! If you want to chat or ask me questions, you can reach me there, or e-mail me: sophie.c.bergeron@live.ca


Because yes, I will post one last time on Friday!

Sophie