This Blog
This Blog
(0)
No Results

Books and candy - Halloween recommendations -

October 27, 2015



I'm kind of late to the party I know, but today I'm sharing with you guys a list of books that are PERFECT to get in the Halloween spirit! So grab your candy and a blanket because you're about to get chills!




The Merciless


Don't get fooled by the hot pink cover, this book is creepy!
You'll be sitting on the edge of your seat, ready to jump at the same time as the characters! This book tells the story of a group of girls who took things too far. You'll never be sure who's telling the truth and who's lying... Read at your own risks!


Bad girls don't die


This book is the first one of a trilogy, and it is SO good! If you're more into psychological horror, Bad girls don't die is for you! What's really spooky about this book is that the horror aspect is very subtle, it slowly builds up and the next thing you know, you're sitting in your bed, thinking there's something hidden in every corner and shadow of your room.


Coraline

Neil Gaiman is a master of words, he weaves them together to create impressive story with lots of layers. When I was younger, I saw Coraline as a really fun story. But now that I'm older, I see the scary side of it. The fact that the MC is an innocent little girl makes it that much creepier. If you haven't read it yet, you definitely should!


Pet Semetary

You can't talk about Halloween without mentioning the one and only master of horror: Stephen King. The first book I read from him was Pet Semetary, and I truly could not keep on reading at night because I was too freaked out!
What makes this story so creepy is that you understand the characters, you could easily see yourself doing the same things as them... The struggles that they are facing are real; this story could happen to anyone and the line between reality and fiction will suddenly seem very thin...




I hope you'll get into the Halloween spirit with books and if you decide to pick up any of these four, let me know in the comments/Twitter/e-mail what you think!
And don't eat too much candy! Just kidding! Candy is life!

How are you dressing up for Halloween this year?

Sophie