This Blog
This Blog
(0)
No Results

When I First Saw You #08

January 28, 2016

When I First Saw You #08


Hi lovelies! 
First, sorry I was MIA for the past few days. It was exams week and although I had written some posts in advance, I never got around to editing them... Anyways, now I'm back and let me tell you that I have some semi-exciting news for you!


Remember that surprise I hinted at in a previous WIFSY post? Well, brace yourself because it is coming... next week! You thought I was going to say today, weren't you? #sorrynotsorry

Izel and I are super excited to share with you guys our plans! We've been Skyping every week for the past month and we really do hope that you will be as excited as us! I can't tell you much but I can make some recommendations:

  • You might want to get on that WIFSY post of yours
  • Are you aware that we are on Twitter? May I suggest that you follow both of us!


Okay, I won't say any more, only that I hope to see you next week fr the big reveal. Now, moving on to the real deal!

When I First Saw You is an original meme here at Sailing Through Books that I organize with the lovely Izel from A Bookish Flower. Any information you need can be found on this page. If you still have question, feel free to leave a comment or send an e-mail! 

Without further due, here is this week's cover...

When I First Saw You #08
DISCLAIMER: I did not write this book, I am simply sharing my first impression of it in the form of a made up synopsis

Title: This is my brain on boys
Author: Sarah Strohmeyer
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Release date: May 10th 2016
Find it on Goodreads here

My made up synopsis

Toby is sick of those stupid teenage movies. Why? Because the guys are always represented as jocks, nerds, geeks, artists, stoners, and that's total bullshit! Guys have more than one aspect to their personality, but movie producers make sure to keep on feeding girls this unrealistic image of boys because it sells. 

Little problem, most girls are disappointed to hear that Toby likes soccer, but isn't a pro at it. That he gets good average grades, that he enjoys the occasional pot smoking at parties. They are disappointed to learn that Toby doesn't fit their perfect image of a boy. 

Toby has had enough of everyone's preconceived opinion and this is why he's going to share is brain on boys.

Be ready to hear the truth because Toby is about to tell it.

The real synopsis


Addie Emerson doesn’t believe in love. Not for herself anyway. With one year left of high school, she’s more interested in snagging a full scholarship to Harvard than a full-time boyfriend.



That doesn’t mean she’s oblivious to the ways of the heart. Or, rather, the head. Because after months of research, Addie has discovered how to make anyone fall in love. All you need is the secret formula.

But will her discovery be enough to win the coveted Athenian Award and all its perks? (See above, full scholarship to Harvard.) Or will she be undone by Dexter, her backstabbing lab partner, who is determined to deep-six her experiments at their exclusive private school?

Those are the least of her problems now that she’s survived a death-defying flight with a mysterious, dark-haired boy, who has delicious chocolate-brown eyes and a few secrets of his own.

With an experiment to mastermind, an infatuated exchange student on her hands, and at least one great white shark (more on that later), can Addie’s prefrontal cortex outwit her heart? Or will she have to give in to her amygdala and find out, once and for all, if this thing called love is more than just her brain on drugs?

The verdict

The cover didn't really give anything away and I had trouble coming up with something. I'm not even remotely close to the actual story, which, speaking of, sounds absolutely A-MAZING! I mean, have you read that synopsis?! "...if this thing called love is more than just her brain on drugs?" Love it! I so want to read it right now! But it's a good thing it's only coming out in May since it gives me the chance to get through my TBR pile a little...

I want to know, what was your first impression of This is my Brain on Boys, by Sarah Strohmeyer?

Have a good day lovelies!
Sophie




When I First Saw You #08
Click on the logo to grab its code to include in YOUR post!