This Blog
This Blog
(0)
No Results

When I FIrst Saw You #07

January 21, 2016



How are you doing today lovelies? I hope the answer is very well and I'm doing pretty good too, thanks for asking!

By now, if you've been following me the least bit during the last two months, you should know that every Thursdays, I do this original meme here on Sailing Through Books that consists of taking the cover of an upcoming book and inventing my own synopsis. This meme is called When I First Saw You, WIFSY for short, and you can find more info on it here.

Now, a couple of weeks back, I announced that Izel, the wonderful blogger behind A Bookish Flower, was teaming up with me for WIFSY.
I am reminding you of this because in the same post I told you guys that Izel was becoming my partner in crime, I hinted at some surprises coming at the end of the month and guess what? We are coming closer to the end of January and we decided to share one of those surprises with you today!

Are you ready? Are you?

Here it is: Izel created a gorgeous logo for us to use from now on when doing a WIFSY post! Look at how beautiful it is! You can grab it here!

When I First Saw You

You are not obligated to use this logo when participating in WIFSY, but you are more than welcome to! This way, people will be able to recognize WIFSY posts when they see them.

We still have something else in store for you guys, but that'll have to wait a little bit longer.
#sorrynotsorry

Now, moving on to this week's cover, let's take a moment to admire its cutness. its simplicity and its over-all prettiness!



DISCLAIMER: I did not write this book, simply sharing my first impression of it in the form of a made-up synopsis.



Title: Love & Gelato
Author: Jenna Evans Welch
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release date: April 12th 2016
Find it on Goodreads here

My made-up synopsis:

Rianon was only trying to learn how to make homemade gelato when the world ended a sunny morning of July. Yes ended; as in fires in the streets, panic in people's eye and aliens coming down from their spaceships to take over the earth. The perfect way to start a vacation. Rianon plans to enjoy a quiet summer working on her gelato technique were thrown out the window at the same time the a tree crashed through it. Instead, she joined the army to defend her planet.

Genesis had always been the black sheep of the family. He had never been interested in the battle plans his father was making or in playing at war with his sisters. He was drawing a picture of the universe when his family pressed on the big red button that started the war with the planet Earth. Laying low was pretty much out of the question now that his home had weapons aimed at humans.

When Rianon's mission goes south and she is taken prisoner by the aliens, she thinks she is already dead. Little does she know that she's about to find an ally among the enemy and something even more incredible too: love. 

And now the real thing:

Lina is spending the summer in Tuscany, but she isn’t in the mood for Italy’s famous sunshine and fairy-tale landscape. She’s only there because it was her mother’s dying wish that she get to know her father. But what kind of father isn’t around for sixteen years? All Lina wants to do is get back home.



But then Lina is given a journal that her mom had kept when she lived in Italy. Suddenly Lina’s uncovering a magical world of secret romances, art, and hidden bakeries. A world that inspires Lina, along with the ever-so-charming Ren, to follow in her mother’s footsteps and unearth a secret that has been kept from Lina for far too long. It’s a secret that will change everything she knew about her mother, her father—and ever herself.

People come to Italy for love and gelato, someone tells her, but sometimes they discover much more.


Verdict:

I think this is my favorite made up synopsis that I wrote so far, and I could not be more off track! 
Aliens VS No aliens
Rianon VS Lina
End of the World VS Trip to Italy
Making gelato and drawing the universe VS going on an adventure through Italy.
Yeah, I wasn't even close! 
This book reminds me of a movie called Letters to Juliet, which was a cute romantic movie. I'm definitely keeping an eye out for Love and Gelato, since it sounds like such a cute novel!

What did you think of this cover? Did you write a made-up synopsis?

Take care guys!
Sophie