This Blog
This Blog
(0)
No Results

When I First Saw You #06

January 14, 2016

Once again, it's Thursdays and this means that it's time for another episode of WIFSY!

If you're new to my blog and you have no clue as to what this WIFSY thing is, which stands for When I First Saw You by the way, click here to get all the details on how it works and how you can participate!

Without further due, let's get into it!



DISCLAIMER: I did not write this book, I am simply sharing my first impression in the form of a made-up synopsis

Title: Dreamers often lie
Author: Jacqueline West
Publisher: Dial Books
Release Date: April 5th 2016

My made-up synopsis:

I used to see Her in my dreams. Her silver hair, her body made of tiny particles. I tried to reach out to her, but she would always step out, just out reach, and look at me with a sad expression on her face.

Now, She started appearing in the hallways at school, in the mirror, everywhere. I tried to reach out to her again and she finally explained to me what was happening. Who she was. Why she was here.

That's when the lying started. I was the only who could see Her; help her, See, She was the spirit of a girl trapped in a dark room somewhere and the closer she got to death, the more the colors drained out of her. The first time I saw her, she had silver hair, Now? All that's left are her blue eyes. And if I don't act now, they'll be gone too. 

What I am supposed to tell everyone? That I'm seeing a spirits and that I'm trying to find a kidnapper? No; they'd think me crazy. All I have left are my lies. But even I'm having troubles making the difference between what's true or not.

The real one:
Jaye wakes up from a skiing accident with a fractured skull, a blinding headache, and her grip on reality sliding into delusion. Determined to get back to her starring role in the school production of A Midsummer Night's Dream, Jaye lies to her sister, her mom, her doctors. She's fine, she says. She's fine. If anyone knew the truth - that hallucinations of Shakespeare and his characters have followed her from her hospital bed to the high school halls - it would all be over. She’s almost managing to pull off the act when Romeo shows up in her anatomy class. And it turns out that he's 100% real. Suddenly Jaye has to choose between lying to everyone else and lying to herself.
Troubled by the magnetic new kid, a long-lost friend turned recent love interest, and the darkest parts of her family's past, Jaye’s life tangles with Shakespeare's most famous plays until she can't tell where truth ends and pretending begins. Soon, secret meetings and dizzying first kisses give way to more dangerous things. How much is real, how much is in Jaye's head, and how much does it matter as she flies toward a fate over which she seems to have no control?
Verdict:
Once again, I couldn't be more wrong! This one was a tough one for me. I finally had an idea, but it was kind of complicating and I just hope you somehow understood my synopsis!
The actual book looks complicated too. I mean, I read the synopsis at least three times and I'm still not sure I get it. It looks interesting enough though, and I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this one, see what people think about it.

Wondering what next week's cover looks like? Check it out right here!
What was your first impression of Dreamers often lie?
Have a nice day guys!
Sophie

Psst! Don't forget to link up your post here!