This Blog
This Blog
(0)
No Results

When I First Saw You #05

January 7, 2016



Hi guys! 

Here I am, back again for yet another WIFSY post! This week's cover did give me a bit more trouble, but I came up with something interesting nonetheless!

For those of you who are wondering what the hell this WIFSY thing is, click here to learn what it is, how it works and how YOU can PARTICIPATE!

For everyone, I have some news!


WIFSY is growing! The little seed that was my idea is turning into a beautiful daisy! Speaking of daisy, you may know a fellow book blogger who used to go by that name. Yes, I am talking about the quite wonderful Izel everyone!

As of now, Izel will be my official partner in crime when it comes to anything WIFSY related! Hurray!
I'm so happy to know I'll be working with her on WIFSY from now on! We have a great surprise in store for you loveiles so stay tuned for that, we'll announce it toward the end of the month!

If you wish to know more about Izel, you can find her on her blog, Twitter, Goodreads and Pinteret!

In case you haven't realized, there is a link-up at the bottom of this post. As of today, every WIFSY post will have one so you can share your post and everyone can laugh at how off we all were or congratulate ourselves on our good observation skills!

DISCLAIMER: I did not write this book, I am only sharing my frist impressions in the form of a synopsis


Title: The word for yes
Author: Claire Needell
Publisher: Harper Teen
Release date: February 16th 2016
Find it on Goodreads here


Here is the cover for this week's When I First Saw You. I've talked enough for one post so let's get right into it!

My made-up synopsis:

Consent is something Kylie heard of in health class. Consent is something that never really crossed Kylie's mind because she always thought that the first time she had sex, it would be with someone she loved and who loved her back. But now? Consent just became a hell of a big deal. 

After getting drunk at a party of someone she didn't know, Kylie slept with a Brian. She didn't really want to, but Brian assured her at school that she was into it. Except how could she make a rational decision if she was drunk to the point that she can barely remember what happened that night?

Now, Kylie is trying to deal with the aftermath of what she did. People are calling her names and she is starting to believe them. But if Kylie need to hear something, it's that she is not to blame for what happened.

There is only one word for consent. And that word is Yes.

The real deal:



After their parents’ divorce, Jan, Erika, and Melanie have to get used to the new world order: a father
who’s moved to another continent and a mother who throws herself into moving on. Jan, off at her first semester of college, has plenty to worry about, including an outspoken roommate who’s kind of “out there” and an increasingly depressed and troubled long-distance boyfriend. Her younger sisters, left at home in New York City, and dealing with all the pressures of life in high school, aren’t exactly close. Erika is serious and feels awkward and uncomfortable in crowds, though her beauty tends to attract attention. Melanie is socially savvy and just wants to go out—to concerts, to parties, wherever—with her friends. The gap between all three girls widens as each day passes.


Then, at a party full of blurred lines and blurred memories, everything changes. Starting that night, where there should be words, there is only angry, scared silence.



And in the aftermath, Jan, Erika, and Melanie will have to work hard to reconnect and help one another heal.


Verdict:



I think I deserve points for the party being the start of everything. Other than that, well my synopsis is way darker than the real one. While I talk about consent and possible rape, Claire's book is about family and friendship and all the hardships that come with it. 
I think my synopsis is pretty interesting because for me, consent is something really important. We hear about so many tragic stories where girls and boys are taking advantages of and I think we need more book dealing with that subject.
Nonetheless, The Word for Yes seems like a great book. I have a sister and I enjoy reading books where siblings relationship are important, so this one is for me!

What was your first impressions of the cover?

If you want to know next week's book cover, check it out!

Take care guys!
Sophie