This Blog
This Blog
(0)
No Results

WRIMOS UNITE : What is NaNoWriMo

August 27, 2015


Hi guys! I'm starting a new feature on Sailing Through Books called WRIMOS UNIT. Every week until November, I will upload a post on Thursdays concerning NaNoWriMo.
To start things off, let's talk about what is NaNoWriMo.


For those of you who have no clue what this weird sounding word means, fear not, I will explain!
NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing. It is an international event that takes place in, you guessed it, November, during which thousands of people set off to write 50 000 words. Yep, you read that right: fifty thousand words. Incredible right?

NaNoWriMo is a non-profit organization formerly known as the Office of Letter and Light. Here's their mission statement, coming directly from the NaNoWriMo website.

''National Novel Writing Month organizes events where children and adults find the inspiration, encouragement, and structure they need to achieve their creative potential. Our programs are web-enabled challenges with vibrant real-world components, designed to foster self-expression while building community on local and global levels.''

Not very complicated so far, right? I say so far, but this is pretty much it! When I first heard about NaNoWriMo, I was confused and intrigued, but once I learned what it stood for, I was good! Well no, a ton of stuff went through my mind actually, but those thoughts will be addressed in upcoming posts!;)

I know, this post is short, which is really unusual for me, but now you know what this weird sounding word mean and I hope you'll come back every Thursdays to read more cool stuff regarding NaNoWriMo!

Sophie