This Blog
This Blog
(0)
No Results

Bye April, 'sup May!

May 4, 2016


Sailing Through Books



You know what I realized the other day? That I always start my post the same way: "Hello guys" or "Hi lovelies!" and I thought, how about I do something different?

Did you know that a shrimp's heart is not in its chest but in its head?

I hope you enjoyed this little fact, I might start doing this more often!
Jokes asides though: Hi lovelies! How are you doing today? Not gonna lie, if you're having a bad day, this post probably won't make it better, but hopefully it won't make it worst either!
I never did a monthly wrap-up for March, so this will be a combined wrap-up! (because to be frank, I don't remember when things happened)

Alright, I'm done with all of this nonsense for one day, let's just get into it, shall we?


What books did you read these past two months?


Well friend, this is a good question! I've been a slow reader lately and I haven't read as many books as I hoped, but I'm counting on summer to catch up on my reading goals for this year! 
During the months of March and April, I read a grand total of *drum rolls* 6 BOOKS! And you want to know what special about those six books? One of them was my first five stars read of the year!

Sailing Through Books

  • The distance between us, by Kasie West ½ : You can smell rich soap, really?!?!
  • Eighth grave past dark, by Darynda Jones  : It's always a pleasure to read about Danger and Will Robinson! Review here
  • Neverwhere, by Neil Gaiman  : Have you ever read a book by Neil Gaiman? You really should, it's missing to your culture.
  • Flannery, by Lisa Moore  : Finally someone who understands the irritating phone system from school!
  • The Raven Boys, bu Maggie Stiefvater  : Chainsaw. I like.
  • The greatest zombie movie ever, by Jeff Strand  : Jeff, you rock man!


Did you write anything interesting?

Why, I did my little cupcakes! I might have been MIA for a little while there, but I did write some pretty good posts, thank you very much!
  • In fact, just last week, I wrote a review on a pretty good book if you ask me; you should totally take a look here
  • I also wrote this post on blog stats and how not caring about them does not in any way mean not caring about followers.
  • Finally, I was brave and admitted that yeah, I stalk blogs. Check it out over here!


Why have you been MIA lately Sophie?

I'm glad you ask! The answer is: mainly because of school. So that's not very surprising or exciting. But also because:
  • I was practicing for my driving test, which I passed!
  • I was applying for scholarships because it is official, I've been accepted in my top choice program at university!

Aside from those two cool things, my life has been pretty quiet; no big vacation, no interesting event like all of you lucky people going to Yallwest and BEA..!


What can we expect from you next?

You are so noisy! But it's cool because I'll tell you anyway!
  • You can still expect WIFSY posts every Thursday, although there will be some changes for our giveaways. More details on that Thursday.
  • I'm going back to the basics a little bit, so expect more reviews than anything else.
  • I also haven't forgotten the DIY/tutorial I first mentioned at the beginning of the year, I'm just thinking that waiting for the summer might be best!

Lot's of reviews? Does this mean your TBR is getting smaller?

Well...! Not really...
In fact, I bought four new books this months and I... I caved in okay?  I'm actually being good though! I resisted the urge to go in my favorite used bookstore this week and I'm avoiding #booksfortrade on Twitter!
With all of this said, my TBR currently sits at 33 books. I know. I know.

Sailing Through Books
I'm trying myself a book photography... Well, it's a start, right?

So that's it, you're finishing this post like that?

Pretty much yeah! 




Now that you know all about my past two months, I want to know all about you! What have YOU been up to cupcakes? Any cool things you want to share? I want to know!

Take care guys!
Sophie

PS: How do feel about the cupcake thing? Yay? Nay? Personally, I feel like I'm channeling Coach Hedge, and I'm kind of feeling it! But you tell me!