This Blog
This Blog
(0)
No Results

When I First Saw You #24

May 19, 2016



What is When I First Saw You?

When I First Saw You, or WIFSY for short, is a weekly meme created here on Sailing Through Books and co-hosted by Izel from A Bookish Flower and yours truly. It consists of sharing a first impressions of a book in the form of a made-up synopsis, so basically judging a book by it's cover yes. 

How does it work?

Every week, a new cover is chosen and is shared here at the bottom of the page. You write a synopsis for the book with the cover and title as your only guide. Then, you compare it to the real synopsis and laugh at how off you were or congratulate yourself on your amazing deduction skills!
You are free to post any day of the week, but the weekly WIFSY post will be up every Thursday with a link up so you can share your take on the week's cover.


*****


Kayak spelled backwards is still kayak.

Hello lovelies!
I didn't it would be the third week in a row that I would only be posting WIFSY post and I am sorry. The worst part is, I've actually been reading a lot and I want to share my thoughts we you guys so much! But school...! It's almost over tough, Less than a month! (ohmigod, this is kind of freaking me out a bit!)

This week's cover is pretty cool, so hopefully, you cupcakes will enjoy my made up synopsis!





Title: The killer in me
Author: Margot Harrison
Release date: July 12th 2016
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion

My made-up synopsis

I guess what they say is true: when it's you or them, you chose you.

I never saw it coming. It was suppose to be a quiet evening while parents were out. Then I heard a car and next thing I knew, my door was being thrown off it's hinges. 

I ran upstairs to get the gun my father hid in the closet and locked myself in my bedroom. I heard them coming up the stairs and suddenly, they were on the other side of my door. I aimed the weapon in front of me and waited. it wasn't long before they made their way into my room and I was left staring at teenagers. Or at least, what looked like teenagers; they had the mark on their temple that identified them as Ragers. I waited a second too long and one of the came at me. A shot resonated and blood splattered on the wall.
Next thing I knew, the three of them were lying dead on the floor.

I was now a killer. And I think I liked it.

The real deal

Hasn't he lived long enough? Why not? I could take him like a thief in the night.

This is how the Thief thinks. He serves death, the vacuum, the unknown. He’s always waiting. Always there.

Seventeen-year-old Nina Barrows knows all about the Thief. She’s intimately familiar with his hunting methods: how he stalks and kills at random, how he disposes of his victims’ bodies in an abandoned mine in the deepest, most desolate part of a desert.
Now, for the first time, Nina has the chance to do something about the serial killer that no one else knows exists. With the help of her former best friend, Warren, she tracks the Thief two thousand miles, to his home turf—the deserts of New Mexico.


But the man she meets there seems nothing like the brutal sociopath with whom she’s had a disturbing connection her whole life. To anyone else, Dylan Shadwell is exactly what he appears to be: a young veteran committed to his girlfriend and her young daughter. As Nina spends more time with him, she begins to doubt the truth she once held as certain: Dylan Shadwell is the Thief. She even starts to wonder . . . what if there is no Thief?


Verdict

What, the MC isn't even a killer? Or well, that we know of...B)

I must say, the real synopsis sounds pretty cool, like the kind of book that's going to mess with your mind you know? With the title and that question at the end of the synopsis, I'm pretty sure the Nina will end up by being the Thief. I think it's going be to one of those book where the murdered kills in his sleeps, or while in a trance or something. 

Coming back to the comparing both synopsis, I wasn't even a tiny bit close. Oh well! I would totally be down with writing a story about my synopsis, although not gonna lie, I'd actually prefer if someone else wrote it instead. I just have the feeling that it could make a really cool and creepy story, but that it would be a bit too dark for. Writing about this stuff for too long, I think it would affect me.

Next week's cover



Have a nice weekend cupcakes! Pinky-promise I'll try to write a review this weekend!

Sophie