This Blog
This Blog
(0)
No Results

When I First Saw You #04

December 31, 2015



Here we are again, for another episode of WIFSY! Also, you'll find at the end of this post some thoughts I wanted to share with you in this last day of 2015! Without further due, let's get into it!


What is When I First Saw You? 

When I First Saw You, or WIFSY for short, is a new feature here on Sailing Through Books that consist of writing a synopsis for a book I've never heard of. I will pick a new release and with the cover and the title, come up with a resume to go on the back cover!


You can participate too!

Every Monday, I will be posting the cover for the following week on my Twitter account. If that cover speaks to you, you are more than welcome to write your own made up synopsis and compare it with the actual resume of the book in question.
Since this is an original idea, I ask, please pretty please with the cherry on top, that you link your post back to Sailing Through Books,
And of course! Please do share your post with me! I would be so happy to read the synopsis you came up with!


I did not write this book. I am only sharing my first impressions of this book in the form of a synopsis

Book Info

Title: I woke up dead at the mall
Author: Judy Sheehan
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Genre: YA
Publishing Date: March 22nd 2016
Find on Goodreads HERE

My synopsis

The last thing I remember is Tim's car swerving off the road. Now, I just woke up at the mall with my prom dress covered in blood and a half-eaten brain beside me. Great.

Seventeen year old Amelia's senior prom was supposed to be magical; that is until her boyfriend Tim drives his car in a tree and kills both of them on the spot.
Now, Amelia wakes up at the mall with no idea of how she got there. Tim is nowhere to be found and if the brain beside her and the fact that she remembers dying is any indicator, she's now a zombie.


More than anything, Amelia wants to figure out what happened to her after the crash, how she got to the mall and where in the name of cheesy crackers is Tim. 

An epic adventure taking place in a mall with creepy sales clerk and some deadly escalators is what lays ahead for Amelia.
Good thing she wore flats!

And now the real deal!

When you’re sixteen, you have your whole life ahead of you. Unless you’re Sarah. Not to give anything away, but . . . she’s dead. Murdered, in fact. Sarah’s murder is shocking because she couldn’t be any more average. No enemies. No risky behavior. She’s just the girl on the sidelines.

It looks like her afterlife, on the other hand, will be pretty exciting. Sarah has woken up dead at the Mall of America—where the universe sends teens who are murdered—and with the help of her death coach, she must learn to move on or she could meet a fate totally worse than death: becoming a mall walker.

As she tries to finish her unfinished business alongside her fellow dead teens, Sarah falls hard for a cute boy named Nick. And she discovers an uncanny ability to haunt the living. While she has no idea who killed her, or why, someone she loves is in grave danger. Sarah can’t lose focus or she’ll be doomed to relive her final moments again and again forever. But can she live with herself if she doesn’t make her death matter?


Verdict

Wow. I did NOT expect this book to sound THIS good! This is not fair, now I want to read LIVE! And I have to wait till March? So not cool.
Well, my synopsis was pretty far-off. No prom. No Tim. No zombies. I did have fun writing it though and I think I'll have a lot of fun reading I Woke Up Dead at the Mall!

What were your first impressions on this lovely book by Judy Sheehan?


So this is my last post of 2015 and since starting Sailing Through Books back in July, I never expected it to become what it is today. At first, I didn't get the amazingness of the blogging community, but I have met a lot of wonderful people, some I am proud to call friends! 

Whether you are a fellow blogger, a person who simply stumbled on this blog or part of my family and friends, I thank you for being here and wish you only the best for 2016!

And don't worry, you'll get a 2015 wrap-up! I'm just... really late on posts okay? ^^

Take care lovelies!

Sophie