This Blog
This Blog
(0)
No Results

When I first saw you #01

December 10, 2015


What is When I First Saw You? 

When I first saw you, or WIFSY for short, is a new feature here on Sailing Through Books that consist of writing a synopsis for a book I've never heard of. I will pick a new release and with the cover and the title, come up with a resume to go on the back cover!

YOU CAN PARTICIPATE TOO!


As of now, every Monday I'll post the chosen book on my Twitter account, title and cover only, and you will be able to create your own synopsis and share it with everyone, me included! Because I obviously want to hear about your ideas!^^ Or if you already know what the book is about, feel free to chose your own!
If you want to participate, great! If not, I'll just continue this by myself! I know I'll have a lot of fun with WIFSY and hopefully, you'll get to enjoy it too, one way or another! All I ask is that you link your post back to my blog, please pretty please!

Now that I've explained all the technical stuff, let's get on to it!



This week's pick is The greatest zombie movie ever, by Jeff Strand
DISCLAIMER: I did not write this book, I'm only stating my first impression of it in the form of a synopsis.


My made-up synopsis

Everything was going great in seventeen year old Savanna's life. She was starting the second half of her senior year of high school, she had a date to the end of the year prom, she had just gotten accepted to university... everything was going according to plan! That is, until someone from her past decided to make a surprise appearance in her English class. 

Haiden and Savanna used to be best friends; they did everything together, including making stupid movies about nonsense Savanna can barely remember. One day, Savanna did something that broke their friendship. Now six years later, Haiden seems to have forgotten everything, forgiven her even, which Savanna cannot believe. She would definitely prefer to avoid any iffy situation, but faith has other plans for her. 

An English project, a surprising team, some mad acting skills and a couple of bad props could end up creating THE greatest zombie movie ever. And maybe, just maybe, help Savanna forgive herself too.


And now the REAL synopsis

The Greatest Zombie Movie Ever is so bad, it could wake the dead…

After producing three horror films that went mostly ignored on YouTube, Justin and his filmmaking buddies decide it's time to make something epic. In fact, they're going to make The Greatest Zombie Movie Ever. They may not have money or a script, but they have passion. And, after a rash text message, they also have the beautiful Alicia Howtz as the lead.

Hemmed in by a one-month timeline and a cast of uncooperative extras, but aching to fulfill Alicia's dreams, Justin must face the sad, sad truth: he may, in actuality, be producing The Worst Zombie Movie Ever.



***

Well, I would say that I nailed it! Okay, not at all, but it got me creating this whole plot and I'm thinking that maybe I'll write about it someday... And now that I have the real resume in front of me, I have to say that it seems quite good! Definitely adding it to my to-read list!


What was your first impressions on this book? Did it matched the real synopsis?

Sophie