This Blog
This Blog
(0)
No Results

TOP 5 SERIES OF ALL TIME

July 20, 2015
Why not favorite books? Because series and stand alones are not comparable. A series is an item, and it has its own category. Also, with a series, I develop this attachment that I rarely get with stand alones. Which is normal because I have five books to get to now the characters and the universe instead of one.

It was a tough choice to make, but here it is. my five favorite series of all time (for now at least!)

5: Gone, by Michael Grant
















A was hooked by the end of the first page of book one till the last page of book six. I don't cry often, but I got so attached to the characters that in the end, I did cry. Because so many were lost over the course of the series, and because it was over. I strongly recommend Gone to everyone. I was 14/15 when I read this and it made we think over a lot of things. What would I have been like in the FAYZ?

4: Vampire Academy, by Richelle Mead















I mentioned Richelle Mead in a previous post, saying how much I loved her so it's not a surprised her famous series Vampire Acdemy is in my top five! I have to admit to you guys that I had a lot of trouble choosing between VA and Bloodlines. Both are amazing, but VA was just kick ass until the end, and it was my first Richelle Mead series.
I really enjoyed following Rose and ALL of her friends in their adventures!


3: Les Guerres du Miroirs, by Frank Beddor (or as it was originally published in english, The Looking Glass Wars)














I went on Goodreads to find the original title and was really surprise to see how many people hated this trilogy! Some complained about the story itself. To the contrary, I loved the new take on Alice in Wonderland. I confess, I never actually finished the original story by Lewis Caroll and my opinion on this particular subject is strictly based upon the disney cartoon. Moving on, others were complaining about the writing style. Considering I read this series in French, I can only say that the translation was, for once, really good.


2: Le Pacte des Marchombres, by Pierre Bottero

I don't think I mentioned it yet, so here it is: I'm French Canadian! And this french trilogy was just A-MAZING!














It had everything going for it: never before seen world and concepts, all invented by the author itself. GREAT characters that were relatable, funny and badass, but most importantly, a writing style that blew me away! It can only be describe as magical. The dialogue is usually the parts a reader looks forward to, but in the case of Pierre Bottero, even the descriptions were interesting! The world that he created was mesmerizing and had it been longer than three books, it would probably be in number one.



1: The Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus series, by Rick Riordan














I know I cheated, these are two different series. But they're part of the same world and they have the same characters, making it impossbile to decide which one is the best!
Because they both are the best! For the generation right before mine, Harry Potter was THE series that everyone read and enjoy. It's with Harry, Ron and Hermione that my older sister grew up. But for me? It was Percy, Grover and Annabeth.
I started reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians in seventh grade (when I was twelve like Percy!) and then had the chance to grow up with the characters through the Heroes of Olympus series. It all came to a conclusion last year, and it made me sad because I had spent five year of my life with those guys. They were far from perfect and I loved them for it. They made me laugh and cry, I faught by there side at every battle, I defeated Chronos and Gaia with them. They made me beleive in this, this wolrd, this universe, this other reality that was so cool! They gave me an escape from the real world, which is the best things a book can give. They found a way into my heart and I will never be able to thank Rick Riordan enough for those two incredible series.

Sophie