This Blog
This Blog
(0)
No Results

Dear George

October 23, 2015

I wanted to make a more personnal post today, so if you were expecting something about books, well you won't exactly find it here.

When I started my blog back in July, I had no idea of how it would go. Contrary to most bloggers, I started my blog on a whim, without really thinking about it.




At first, I did not have many visitors; I knew my family was checking it out, but that was pretty much it. Slowly, I started getting more views; I started talking to other bloggers and I met some really great people!

This week, I got an e-mail from someone telling me how much they loved my blog.

Now, a while back, I did a Get to know me post and I told you guys that I have an older sister. This older sister is currently in Vietnam for a program associated with the University of Ottawa; she left at the beginning of September and she's coming back at the end of November.

The e-mail I got? It was from her.

See, I told my sister from the start that I was creating a book blog and in her e-mail, she told me that she originally thought that my blog contained only reviews about books that she would probably never have heard of before. She told me that she was really surprised to see that au contraire, I was writing more than book reviews.

Her e-mail made my day, heck my week!

Why am I telling you this? Because even if I don't miss her every day, I still love my big sister and knowing that she's following from across the globe really warms my heart! Her lovely comments make me happier that she can imagine and I wanted to say here, where it'll stay forever, that I'm proud of her too and that I love her so very much!
We rock sis!



I also wanted to thank every one of you who check out my posts; whether this is your first time coming on Sailing Through Books or if you're a regular reader, THANK YOU! I reached 3000 page views this week and a hundred followers on Twitter and I am truly grateful!

So that's it! Take care!


Sophie


#mysisterisbetterthanyours


1 comment:

  1. I'm a new blogger, too. I started back in May. I think it's so great that you have people in your life that support your blog. I haven't told anyone. It's sort of my big fat secret. I adore your blog name and header, by the way.

    Sarah @ Kerosene Lit

    ReplyDelete